We are looking forward to seeing you! Please review the following protocols designed to make your visit safe and stress-free:
- Wear a face mask or covering – Dr. Clarke-Pearson/Lauri may decide to remove it for treatment. They are wearing N95’s and the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) when treating patients.
- One person in exam room at a time – no friends, children, or significant others please – it is ok to Facetime them in if you’d like them present for a consult. Exceptions for children <18 years and patients with legal caregivers.
- One person at front desk checking in or out at a time – if there is another patient at the front desk when you arrive, please stand back by the door or wait outside and we will call you up next.
- Please be on time to your appointment. We are staggering patients to leave time for additional cleaning. If you are running more than 10 min ahead or behind schedule, please call the office to let us know.
- Please complete your patient portal or redeem Aspire and Brilliant Distinctions points before visit. If you have questions please call or message us and we can help talk you through it over the phone.
- If you have returned from a trip out of the country or out of state via plane, train, bus, or other public transit, please wait two weeks before coming to the office.
If you have the following symptoms or otherwise feel unwell, please let us know and we will reschedule your appointment:
- Diffuse muscle pain
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you have been around someone in the past month that has suspected of confirmed COVID-19, please call the office to discuss your risk profile prior to making an appointment.
Additionally, we are taking other steps to make your visit as safe as possible:
- Increased sanitization measures in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Touch-Free Checkout
- UV Air Purifier to clean and circulate office air